Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (155 Views)

Adding a sound card?

Hi, I have a Pavillion G7054uk, I'd like to fit a sound card and bought a Asus Xonar DG 5.1 pci, tried to fit it onto the motherboard but it doesn't fit. What am I doing wrong? I thought all pci x16 slots were the same, do I need a particular card?
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

Re: Adding a sound card?

Hi,

What is your machine ? There are PCI and PCIe cards and they won't be exchangeable. You need a right card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
Message 3 of 5 (148 Views)

Hi:

If this is the motherboard you have...then you need a PCie x1 audio card which fits in one of those 3 small black slots beneath the PCIe x16 video card slot.

Examples of PCIe x1 audio cards...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PCIE+x1+audio+card#/r...

Photograph of motherboard

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (146 Views)

Thank you Paul, you've solved my headache. I bought the wrong card. Now I know what I need. You've been a great help.
Provost
Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation