Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xtcsdp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are "Repair Disc's" the same thing as "Recovery Disc's" ???

Pavillion model: p7-1074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I'm wanting to  complete a factory restore (reinstall operating systems, app's and personal doc's) to clean & freshen-up my desktop computer. 

With that in mind, I went to create a set of recovery disks (with original factory software) and was told I've made a set of disc's in the past. 

The system only lets you make one copy. 

The only disc's I can locate are labled "reapair" ... are these the same as "recovery"  ???

Any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

Blessings

XTC

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
20893 20567 2310 7707
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Xtcsdp, welcome to the forum.

If you made the disks you may have labled them as Repairs disks.  However, I believe that they are your Reocovery disks.  Your best option is to give them a try to see what happens.  You will not hurt anything.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Old Geekster for your timely response.

The only thing I'm concerned about in the process of reloading the windows operating system is time, if the "repair" disc's don't have the info I require,  I'm stuck until I get a copy of the factory installed software; which I think I can order online.

Before having to place an order for something I may have.... I was hoping someone would be able to definitely confirm whether the repair disc's are the same as the recovery disc's?!?!

BTW... I labled the 5 "repair" DVD's as I was told by the instructions while completing the task of making them.

So, yes they may be the same or contain the same information as the recovery disc's... so I'm hoping someone can confirm that for me.

Blessings,

XTC

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
20893 20567 2310 7707
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information.

I am not aware of HP providing repairs disks for their computers.  This is why I believe that what you made are the Recovery disks.  As I said, you can try to use them and if they are not what you need, you can abort the process with no bad results.  I always test my Recovery disks in this manner to assure that they work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation