cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Stewart001 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are there ant drivers for my PC that will run the latest version of windows 10

pavilion G5460UK
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was running Windows 10 after the free upgrade. However after trying to install the latest upgrade I had a total system crash. I restored/recovered the PC to the original Windows 7. Have contacted Microsoft, who were very helpful, but was told that PH have not issued a driver for my model.  HP has not issued a driver for my PC. Does anybody know if such a driver is availed and where it can be downloaded?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
104649 95200 14666 22550
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are there ant drivers for my PC that will run the latest version of windows 10

Hi:

HP does not support any model built before August of 2013 for W10.

However, I looked at the product specs for your PC, and I don't see any reason why it can't run W10.

There are drivers for some of the individual hardware components such as the audio and ethernet, directly from the hardware manufacturer's websites.

I also recommend you install the W8 Intel chipset driver from your PC's support page which will install the correct motherboard drivers, rather than the generic ones W10 installs.

However, I would have no idea what caused your PC to crash on you.

I'm running a similar series 6 chipset, 2nd generation core processor HP business desktop PC, and have not had any problems since upgrading to W10 and its subsequent updates.

I do have a graphics card in mine though, so I can't vouch for how good the onboard Intel graphics works on W10.

If the onboard graphics is causing your PC to crash, you may want to invest in a cheap but good video card, such as the nVidia GT 610, which has driver support for W10.

Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 2nd driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

Ethernet:  1st driver on the list.  Download, unzip and run the setup application.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

Wireless:  The illustration on the specs page shows your PC has a Ralink wireless network adapter.

package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek (Ralink) wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

5.0.57.0 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation