Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio Dropouts Behringer X32

HP Recommended
HP 400 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a problem using my Behringer X32 with my new HP 400 G3 SFF. Whenever I try to record audio in my DAW, Sonar X3, I get dropouts. I have tried the ASIO and the WDM drivers and whilst the WDM is slightly better - it tries to playback the audio, whereas the ASIO dropsout as soon as I click play or record - I can't get it to work.

I have tried changing buffer sizes, latency, etc and I have tried all of the regular Windows tweaks to improve performance but to no avail.

The PC has an i7-6700 processor and 32GB of RAM and an SSD. So should be able to handle it easily.

If I use my old sound cards (Roland SPS25 and an Alesis) I can record and playback 12, 16+  audio tracks just fine.

I have run LatencyMon to try to find the problem but the only thing this picks up on is:

CPU SPEED

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

I have set Windows Power for High Performance and set the processor power management to 100% minimum and maximum to try to stop CPU throttling but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas anyone has would be welcome.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On another forum someone suggested I move the X32 from a USB3 port, which is where it was plugged in, to a USB2 port, as its a USB2 device. I know it shouldn't make a difference but it did and now I have the X32 working fine. LatencyMon still says Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.) but I guess its wrong.

Steve

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation