Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

Audio Issues

Purchased HP Envy 20-d030 with Windows 8 about 3 months ago - started having issues with the sound within the first  week: songs skipping, making cracking sounds and sound going out completely but song continues to progress in iTunes.  After speaking with several HP reps who attempted to troubleshoot and offered resolutions such as restoring operating system, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling IDT High Definition Audio Codec , uninstalling/re-installing iTunes - none of which solved the problem.  I thought at one time that it was an ITunes issue, but I get the same problem when I listen to video on YouTube, or a news broadcast on the Channel 7 website.

HP then asked me to send in the pc, they replaced the motherboard (3-week old computer).  Got it back and same day had the same issue again with the sound.  HP then told me because the pc was less than 60 days old, they would just replace it.  I received the replacement product a week ago and today I am having the same issue all over again...

Anybody have this problem and have a solution?

Thx!

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Audio Issues

[ Edited ]

Sounds as if there is a manufacturer mainboard chipset issue.

That's three mainboards in a row, within three months, exhibiting sound issues. I would contact HP ASAP for another remedy.

Jaco 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation