Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Audio freezes and buzzing on desktop

HP Recommended
Pavillion P6367C
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I hve a 5 year old Pavillion P6367c from Costco with Core2 Quad Q8300 processor @5331 mghz, 8GB DDR3, Win 7 64bit, 

Pegatron MB Eureka 3 and Realtek HD Audio. I recently replaced my Hard Drive for the 3rd time since buying this new and reinstalled all the sw from the HP discs.  I have now consistently had problems with my sound. I can be listening to a cd, playing an MP3, streaming from YouTube and the sound will freeze for a second and there will be a loud buzz. It happens through the speakers and thru headphones. I have reinstalled the Realtek HD driver off the HP site a couple of times and it has not helped. I had this issue before with the last HD and it usually happened after a Windows Update. I reinstalled the driver a few times and it was fine. This time it has nad no impact. I am trying to figure out how to address this but need to diagnose the problem . The HP Update sw says the pc is all current. I ran "DriverUpdate" sw andit said I had 19 out of date drivers? I have not subscribed to this service because I am not sure its legit. SO, how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bluesy52,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I hope that you enjoy your time with us.

I saw your post regarding the audio issues with your Pavilion. There could be a hardware issue causing the problem if you have already tried reinstalling the drivers. Give this steps in this HP document No Sound from Speakers a try. It will have you use the built-in Windows Troubleshooter to diagnose any issues.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried thtat approach and ran thru diagnostic. Troubleshooter found nothing. I then played a wav file and it repeated the buzzing midway through it. So, the issue is still there. I dont know what it is so not sure what the next step shoudl be. I know the sound card is built into the motherboard. I have wondered about buying a se[arate sound card thinking that woudl, once installed, bypass the mb one...not sure. Pretty frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bumping this message as I got one response which I tried but it did not work. Looking for support on possible next steps? Anyone? Any way to do hardware diagnostics on the sound card on the MB?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi bluesy52,

Since that Troubleshooter didn't find anything and the driver didn't work then I am leaning towards a problem with the integrated sound card. If you did install a new sound card it would disable the integrated sound card. If you are looking to try a new sound card there are three slots you can use in the motherboard.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation