cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Won525
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Automatic maintenance

Envy 700-230aq
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer is running automatic maintenance.  The Action Center icon is present on the left side of the bottom task bar next to the volume control and internet access icons.   It indicates maintenance is being done.  The program has been running for at least 48 hours already.  The last time this occured, it ran for 3 days.   Does anyone one what's going on and is this normal ?  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Automatic maintenance

Try pressing Ctrl Alt Delete at the same time to bring up Task Manager. Often it will show you if a running program has stopped functioning, in your case look for HP action Center or Action Center. 48 hours is far too long & I don't think it's normal at all. I can't think of any task it would be doing that would take anywhere near that time.

Can you open Action Center to see what it's doing? I would think it should open even while it's working.

I'll let an "Expert" join in here.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
0 Kudos
Won525
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Automatic maintenance

Unfortunately, Action Center only informs me that automatic maintenance is being performed.  No other details are available.   It lets you stop the maintenance, which is what I finally did. 

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Automatic maintenance

Take a look at this article, we're both running Windows 8.1 so the action center works the same way.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-700-329-Desktop-PC/6886619/model/7084021/document/c03424...

Notice where it mentions "Viewing archived messages from the left pane of the Action Center window"

That would be helpful to look over.

If you run it manually, does it mention that anything requires your attention or problems?

It shouldn't take long to let it run, it's fast on my pc. I just want to make sure you're good to go.

Have a nice evening

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation