Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 17 (15,736 Views)

BIOHD-3 NO BOOTABLE DRIVES DETECTED

When I reboot my desktop, I get disk read error occured and I did a diagnostic: everything are passed: excetp it read BIOHD-3, No bootable drives detected.   Thank you if you help me.

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 17 (15,706 Views)

Re: BIOHD-3 NO BOOTABLE DRIVES DETECTED

Go to BIOS by press F10 on startup and run the hard drive smart test..\\

get back to us with the results...

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Teacher
Message 3 of 17 (15,699 Views)

you might want to open the case up make sure sata cable is seated firmly, if still gives error I would suggest installing a new drive in your machine.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking on my behalf of myself and not on behalf of HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** .....
Student
Message 4 of 17 (15,530 Views)

I'm getting the same error on the original drive the came with my PC.  I installed a new hard drive and am getting a BIOHD-8 error.  I find it strange to be getting errors on both the old and new drives.

Could this be an indication of an internal hardward problem affective both drives?

Thanks.

VP

Student
Message 5 of 17 (15,162 Views)

[ Edited ]

i just got a new hard drive and 600w Power supply. i ran a diagnostics and get this erorr everything else passed. i went to my setup and ran the Smart Short Test and it passed also.

First sometimes it starts and shuts off 3 times before booting up. and sometimes my pc will turn on but nothing will show up on the screen, sometimes it does. when i try to start it up it goes through the loading windows and then windows start and right b4 it makes the windows flag it goes to a black screen. (im doing a clean install of windows 7) BTW. i Have no clue what to do ive tried f8 and changing the resolution ive tried safe mode then it loads and goes to a blank white screen. when the screen goes blank it also turns my keyboard and mouse off. Thanks For The Help

Student
Message 6 of 17 (14,113 Views)

i have BIOHD-3  NO BOOTABLE DRIVES DETECTED

Distinguished Professor
Message 7 of 17 (14,096 Views)

BIOHD-3 NO BOOTABLE DRIVES DETECTED

Hello yousif70,

Did you see the two suggestions in this thread.

1. Run the Hard Drive SMART test from your BIOS
2. Check your SATA cables and reseat them to the HDD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Provost
Message 8 of 17 (14,092 Views)

It would be nice to know what HP PCs are having issues.  Please post the HP product number.

There are some HP motherboards that have a history of having SATA port issues including disappearing SATA ports.

Top Student
Message 9 of 17 (14,091 Views)

my product number FL345AA,

MODEL :SR5611

Top Student
Message 10 of 17 (14,088 Views)

my product number FL345AA,

MODEL  SR5611

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation