Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (254 Views)

BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Access

Product Name: HP Z220 Small Form Factor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD.  The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot drive, but it wasn't seen in windows.  Initially, was able to see it in the BIOS settings.  Long story short, I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC since.  On boot, the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin, but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor. It's as if the devices are getting power, but the motherboard doesn't know they are there.  Tried clearing the CMOS (unplugged, took out CMOS battery, held reset button) and that didn't seem to make a difference.  There is supposed to be a "recovery" jumper on the MB (E15), but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard, so that's not an option.  I'm pretty sure that if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode, it should respond for me again.  Unfortunately, without access to the BIOS on boot, I have no idea how to do that.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation