cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
onemuneeb
Level 2
5 3 2 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

BIOS DESKTOP UNLOCK???

HP Recommended
p7-1298cb
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Alright, so my HP desktop I have had since 2012. I've only been using it for gaming and now I have started to customise it and stuff. I need my pc mainly for video editing now and it's just been a bit slow. I will be replacing the power supply to a more powerful one but I realized that it has a AMD A10-5700. This computer is locked on 3.4GHz and won't go any higher. This APU can go up to 4Ghz. I was wondering if there was any way to unlock the BIOS... i don't want to buy an ASUS motherboard. Thanks 🙂 BTW, this is one of those "rare" costo computers. I only found one link to the exact computer, however there are many similar ones out there. http://reviews.costco.com/2070/100001441/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-p7-1298cb-desktop-with-2nd-gen-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
onemuneeb
Author
Level 2
5 3 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Alright, I ended up buying a msi gaming grade motherboard. Thanks for the help anyways

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 14,901 1,811 3,002
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP locks the BIOS for the most part on many of it's PCs to prohibit overclocking.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z590, i7-11700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
onemuneeb
Author
Level 2
5 3 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Alright, I ended up buying a msi gaming grade motherboard. Thanks for the help anyways

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation