Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kelley_Pearson Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Refuses to Enable Legacy Boot

HP Elitedesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been attempting to Enable Legacy boot and Disable Secure boot on this machine for a few days now.  My current BIOS version is N01 2.15.  It is the oddest thing.  I am able to make some changes, save and have them succesfully change...but I cannot get legacy to enable and save.  Steps I have taken:

- Cleared Secure Boot Keys - Reset

- Selected Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable - Reset

- Go back to BIOS --> Boot Options -->Attempt to Uncheck UEFI Boot Order (Unable to) --> Check to see if Legacy Boot is available and its a no go

- Then I go back to the secure boot options and verify that none of my changes saved. 

I am attempting to get these machines to PXE boot to grab our company's image, but I need Legacy boot enabled to do it.  After several attempts to get Legacy to enable I resolved to just try to PXE boot BUT can't do that as well as it says the "selected boot image did not authenticate."  Of course the fix I found for this was enable Legacy Boot....which I can't do.

I tried a different method and still no different results.

- Updated BIOS to V 02.15

- reset back to factory settings in the main menu

- back into bios, set password --->reboot

- back into bios disabled bootable devices usb and cd rom 

- went to secure boot options and selected in the drop down "enable legacy and disable UEFI boot" -->reboot

- back to bios to the check box next to legacy in the boot options menu was still not available.   -->reboot

- f12 to PXE boot and still doesn't work.

I have looked through the forums and found a few possible solutions, but none of them have worked.  Please help!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation