Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Biuiceca Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update via USB

HP Pavilion A6500F
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I currently have an HP desktop, which was updated to be running Windows 7 OS. I noticed that it was a bad idea, considering that it has been giving me BSOD constantly at boot. I tried installing Windows 10, seeing if that could would but then I figured that it could be a BIOS problem, not able to install Windows 10. Thing is, I want to create an external drive that is able to run into that computer, yet when I tried to create it, it tried to update the BIOS of my laptop (Which is not the same motherboard, obviously). I became a little paranoid after that, so I request a little help installing the BIOS update. It's running BIOS 5.15, if that helps.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
9035 826 2372
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update via USB

This BIOS sp44647.exe is intended to possibly cure the problem.

• Resolves blue screen issues with error codes of 0x7A and 0xF4 after upgrading to Windows 7 operating system.
  • Resolves issue with the system appearing to hang during restart if an HP Personal Media Drive is connected.

With that BIOS on a flash drive, have you tried to boot in "Safe Mode"?  Then run the BIOS update?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Biuiceca Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update via USB

Problem is, is that when Windows was still running, it refused to run whatsoever in any mode. I tried all three Safe Mode, normal mode, and even tried running up the last successful boot up option yet no success. When I uninstalled the physical hard drive from the computer, hooked it up to my laptop and actually run the installed Windows on it, the same thing happened. I learned that it was a hard drive problem, so I wiped it cleaned and recreated the primary partition. Now, I'm trying to install Windows 10 cleanly (Yes, I have an official product key) and everything went fine, until about halfway it crashed on me. I now started to believe it was a BIOS problem.
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
9035 826 2372
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update via USB

By saying it was a hard drive problem, in my estimation would mean to replace the hard drive.  I would start with that and then try to install Windows 10 on the clean, new hard drive.  Do not try to partition the drive as the install media will do everything it wants.  Then if there is a problem, describe what you did and the reponse from Windows 10.  If it is the BIOS, then most likely will need Windows 7 installed first, as the update is meant to run under Vista or Windows 7.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation