Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand the computer doesn't boot back into the windows since the last attempt at updating/Flashing the BIOS, Don't worry I'll help you out, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:
Do you know if this was a BIOS or a windows update?
Are you facing any issues with the Desktop due to which you want to perform a BIOS update? Normally we do not suggest a BIOS update without any issues.
In the meantime, please attempt the below steps:
Start with a hard reset to release any excessive static on the PC:
* If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.
* If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.
* With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.
* With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.
* Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.
Attempt to reset or recover the existing BIOS (if the recent update was interrupted): Click here
Step 1: Verify the current BIOS version installed and the correct ROM Family SSID for your PC