Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the M2N78-LA (Violet6). There is no IDE or floppy connector on the board. I extracted the .ROM file but need a way to insert it. Any ideas? 

HP Recommended

I know trying to use a USB stick didn't work in my circumstance, however it MAY work in your circumstance... 

http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ami-bios-recovery/

I didn't follow their method listed above so it may be worth a try. They mention using the "primary" USB port on the computer. I guess that means keep trying the ports until it tries to read from the USB stick.

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion P7-1154 with the AMD chip.  I have followed this thread and com up with a file that will not fit on a floppy disk.  What do I do about that?  It is 2,048 KB,

HP Recommended

Can you take a screen capture of the folder and post that picture on here maybe by hosting a link to the picture from imageshack or photobucket? just want to make sure that you really did extract the rom file and aren't talking about the zip archive file or something of the sort.

HP Recommended

My HP pavilion g7-1131sf have ask for update BIOS and i have update it but it was take a long time so that i unplug batery out so now my laptop cannot start and cannot find bios just LED on capslock and munlock only no beeps sound. i have try to recovery my bios for a week but it cannot help me. I've try win+b and fn+b but it doesn't work why.

**bleep** i try to recovery my laptop all days all nights but no any answer to help me.

and my parent always complent me i have cry all days cause this laptop and my parent complented.

so who have any idia tell me please now i have no money to buy a new please

HP why ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HELP 

HP Recommended

I was in pocess of update bois for my HP pavilion g7-1251si,  and i saw screen turn off, i though it jus a sleep mode and i left it like that for more than 10m long, after that long i starting press all button but nothing respond and i deside to unplug battery and charger out of laptop, to plug again nothing respond onscreen, no dispay, what does only light blinking  on tree button on keboard " caps lock, num lock and f12 is not blinking nut ON, fan running fast no stop, no beep, please please anyone who have idea to help me out to recovery my laptop be working again please.

HP Recommended

Hello NENWA

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your computer booting back up. I would recommend that you read the HP Support document titled Restoring the BIOS located here and attempt to restore your BIOS using the HP BIOS Restore Tool back to a previous working version of the BIOS. This should get you back up and running.

I hope this helps resolve your issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend! 

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I heard you can flash the bios with AFU.  Does anyone know how to do that?

HP Recommended

Hi I tried AMIBOOT.ROM and just tried another HPBIOS.ROM and when I boot the rig, the floppy clicks for a split second and stops then nothing...

Ribbon looks fine and has the pin block outs plus I have the non twisted end on the board, and twisted end plugged into the floppy drive... Drive is known to work since I copied the file successfully over in Windows XP Mini PE Hirens 15.1 v2, Windows 7 hates floppies.

Could it be the ribbon?  It's not a solid light and the floppy worked fine on my other computer "Different Ribbon" mind you.  So now the Floppy disk 1.44MB has the one HPBIOS.ROM on it fresh formated FAT filesystem...

Any help?

THANKS

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx - 32GB RAM 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 2TB SEAGATE ARCTIC SILVER CERAMIQUE 2 FUJIPOLY XR-M LAIRD T-FLEX 6100 THERMAGON
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.