Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

BIOS update Pavilion 500-407nd

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Pavilion 500-407nd
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

For over a year ago I bought a HP Pavilion 500-407nd but it never functioned properly (slow and very loud fan). I registered multiple tickets at Customer Care and their solution was to update my BIOS. Only problem was that all the different BIOS updates on the HP support page were not compatible. So the only solution of customer care was to send my desktop to them (for a couple of months!?). This is not really an option for me, but after all I tried to arrange to a pickup but the pick up took place when I was on a holiday. Even though I told them very specificly that I was on a holiday.

Anyway... I gave up on customer care. So only option was to accept this flawed product. But now there seem to be more & more issues with my system. I noticed there was a new BIOS update for my system (sp77840.exe /

avilion 500-407nd but it never functioned properly (slow and very loud fan). I registered multiple tickets at Customer Care and their solution was to update my BIOS. Only problem was that all the different BIOS updates on the HP support page were not compatible. So the only solution of customer care was to send my desktop to them (for a couple of months!?). This is not really an option for me, but after all I tried to arrange to a pickup but the pick up took place when I was on a holiday. Even though I told them very specificly that I was on a holiday.

Anyway... I gave up on customer care. So only option was to accept this flawed product. But now there seem to be more & more issues with my system. I noticed there was a new BIOS update for my system (sp77840.exe / HP Compaq Consumer Desktop-PC BIOS-update (ROM-serie SSID 2B29) but still received the notification that this in incompatible...

Please help me update my BIOS!!!

BIOS Type: AMI
BIOS Date: Unknown
BIOS ID: 80.02
BIOS OEM: 80.02
Chipset: AMD 1422 rev 0
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Motherboard: 500-407nd

Please help me update my BIOS!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (235 Views)

Re: BIOS update Pavilion 500-407nd

Hi! @Pietartjah, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you have issues updating BIOS on your PC.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC and check for updates.

You should be getting an option to update BIOS, Try updating BIOS using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this document to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists it is a system board issue, please contact HP for support options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a pleasant day ahead! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation