cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 10
4,379 4,360 405 627
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

BIOS update for HP Pavillon 500-320no

I have not tested the solution from redshore and cannot comment what may or may not be wrong with it.  Some tried it and it worked but not others. 

If you believe that you will have problems or not comfortable with it then stop and wait until I get further word from HP.  If your computer is presently running properly, don't mess with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello HTro, my advice to you would be to leave your PC as it is until HP finds a fix for this. I do not want anyone trying what I did if they feel uncomfortable or find it confusing.

Are you having any other problem with you HP computer or are you just trying to update the BIOS?

If your PC is working fine otherwise in my opinion it would be a lot safer to wait.

I know computers can be frustrating, but if one little thing goes wrong when updating any computers BIOS it will make it unusable.

For anyone else thinking about trying what I did, I would advise you to wait as I mentioned above to HTro. 

My pc is still working fine, no problems *knock on wood* 🙂 But my experience goes back to working with DOS & before that programming in BASIC in the 80's. So the enviroment wasn't foreign to me.

I'm sure HP will find a solution before too long.

redshores.      

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
Level 10
4,379 4,360 405 627
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP has indeed pulled the update 80.20.  No one's system is at risk and you may continue to use your computer.  Everyone here is still on my contact list as events change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just noticed 80.20 has been removed. Funny, they say it's not for my PC yet all has been well with mine running it. Perhaps the only HP pc that has it installed 🙂

Once they have a new BIOS update posted I'll run it, but this time I'll wait to see how others get along. It's someone elses turn to beta test.:smileylol:

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation