Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 23-k100xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can the HP Envy 23 System's BIOS running Windows 10 be updated using the BIOS upgrade from HP for Windows 8.1 on the website?

I am currently running the following BIOS version now on Windows 10: 

BIOS Version/Date AMI 80.12, 2/19/2014

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mallyn

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Most likely, NO.  HP makes their BIOS updates OS-version specific, and when you try to run the Win8.1 BIOS update on Win10, most likely, it will error out.

There have been reports where this can work, but those have been rare exceptions.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Mallyn

HP internal has mentioned in the past the BIOS upgrades for W8.1 and W10 will work on either OS.  BIOS updates are not OS dependent "per se" but the the installer might be.  Give it a go.

Prior to applying the BIOS update, run a full set of diagnostics and make sure that your PC is stable. I also suggest that you update the diagnostics if an update is available before running the diagnostics.

BTW - Your PC has not been certified by HP for W10.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.