cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JOPRE
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

BRIGHTNESS KEY

HP Recommended
T

I HAVE HP AC098TU LAPTOP, BUT MY LAPTOP BRIGHTNESS CONTROL BUTTONS ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JOPRE
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP AC098TU

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @JOPRE,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand you are unable to use the brightness buttons on your computer. Happy to help.

Have you tried to use the brightness buttons while holding down the function key?

Recommend you to update all the drivers of your computer using HP Support Assistant and check if the buttons respond. 

If the buttons still do not respond after installing the updates. 

Uninstall the display driver from device manager, delete the driver when prompted. 

Based on the specifications of your computer. The computer came with Intel HD Graphics 5500.

Download the driver from Intel website and check.

You can also refer to this HP Forums post where the issue was resolved by updating the graphics driver. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation