Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (627 Views)

Beats Audio not working on front headphone jack

[ Edited ]
Product Name: ENVY Phoenix h9 Prod C5V4#1EA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get beats audio working via front speaker headphone jack following upgrade to windows 10. Can you provide a link to the relevant drivers please?

Error Message from windows update :

• IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (626 Views)

Re: Beats Audio not working on front headphone jack

[ Edited ]

I tried to download drivers from HP but keep finding this message:

HP encountered an error while trying to scan your product.

Please verify your product is powered on and connected, then try again in a few minutes.

Or, view all available drivers for your product below.

HP has no problems identifying my PC, details as below:

Product name = h9-1335ea

Product Number = C5V41EA

Serial Number = [Personal Information Removed]

Retired
Message 3 of 4 (571 Views)

Hi there @Aitch1964,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are trying to install a driver to address an issue with jacks not working for Beats Audio in Windows 10. I am happy to help.

For your model there are no specific drivers for Windows 10, so you will need to try installing an older driver such as the Windows 8.1 driver.  IDT High Definition Audio Driver, that is a link to sp63932.

Give it a try; if it does not work, then try installing it again using compatibility mode in Windows 10. How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - answers.microsoft.com

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (522 Views)

I gave up and loaded Windows generic drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation