Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Envy 27

WIndows 10 Creator

-Beats removed by upgrade to Creator, replaced with standard IDT drivers

-Subwoofer jack has not working since Windows 10 upgrade. Sub-woofer not problem.

I've seen various threads discussing these two issues but no solutions. LInks to various drivers packs given, but none seem to solve problem.

Microsoft's removal of a HP installed element is a HP issue to resolve.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Genesis-,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I see from the post that you are having issues with audio issues after the recent creator update. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's start off by updating all the audio drivers. (Press the Windows Key + X - Select Device manager - Scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers - If you have 1 or more, please update the audio drivers)

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think i already indicated in my posting that all those steps had already been taken.

BTW suggesting to update to the latest driver which was cause of  the problem of Beats being removed is counter-productive.

My work on this  problem was interrupted by the Quebec flooding the last few weeks.

I rolled back driver to one i know has Beats,  however I do not recall the HP filename.

IDT HD Audio Codec

Provider: Tempo

Date: 2015-05-08

Version: 6.10.6504.0

Beats icon back in tray and Beats GUI available

BUT SUB-WOOFER OUTPUT STILL DEAD. This problem has never been resolved going back to Windows 10 upgrade from v8.1

Is there a hardware diagnostic for the subwoofer output?

Obviously, the subwoofer itself works on other sysems.

HP Recommended

Hi @Genesis-,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have rolled back the drivers and after which you have the Beats icon in the tray but the sub-woofer is still not working. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve this issue,

I would suggest here is to update the audio drivers for your PC from our HP support website, using this link. Moreover, please update the drivers for the Original Operating system which was shipped with the PC as this should be compatible with Windows 10.

For more details, please go through this link.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

apprently my replies were deleted.

i questioned this statment,

I would suggest here is to update the audio drivers for your PC from our HP support website, using this link. Moreover, please update the drivers for the Original Operating system which was shipped with the PC as this should be compatible with Windows 10.

You suggest that I update drivers

then you ask me to rollback to original Windows 8 shipped drivers.

Cannot do both.

I gave you the versions that I rolled back to, and asked if they were the original drivers.

Date: 2015-5-08

provider: Temp

Version: 6.10.6504.0

Now i ask has the subwoofer stopped working since Windows 10 installed problem been resolved for any of the people that have encountered it?

HP Recommended

@Genesis-

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I've reviewed your conversation and from what I understand the subwoofer isn't working after the Windows 10 update to the creator's edition.

It looks like the tech wanted you to reinstall the drivers and update to the latest version available on the HP support site: Click here to access.

That said, there's no way we can confirm the version of your original drivers unless you share the product number of your device, unfortunately, that hasn't been mentioned so far.

Also, to answer your last question: Click here to find out as this is an issue with windows.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

according to HP Support Assistant

The Product Number is: F3D60AA#ABL

The Product Name is: 27-k119

I asked if the HP Hardware diagnotics (sp78614.exe) has a sub-woofer port test. This question was not answered or it was one on my response that got deleted.

It looks like the tech wanted you to reinstall the drivers and update to the latest version available on the HP support site:

Actually if you rescan  his message you will find he both suggested to update to latest and to rollback to what was loaded on the machine when purchased.

HP Recommended

@Genesis-

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate you joining the missing links and providing the much-needed clarification,

That said, I'm afraid we don't have a subwoofer port test, the hardware diagnostics tool offers a speaker and a sound card test which you may utilize, besides, If you've already checked with more than one subwoofer and they are working on a different product but doesn't work on your HP device.

it would confirm a hardware failure and I recommend you Contact HP to get the device repaired or the malfunctioning parts replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it was under warrently when I first reported the problem 01-14-2015 06:36 AM

HP Recommended

@Genesis-

Thank you for replying,

I understand your concern, although the date you've mentioned is more than 2yrs back and I'm not sure if that will be considered,
I have, however, escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.