cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MickAnderson Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beep codes on boot

Envy 24-n014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm attempting to boot an Envy 24-n014 that was just purchased (private seller) and I'm getting beeps when it boots up.  The beeps are in sequence with the power light flashing. There is 3 low tone beeps followed by 4 higher pitch beeps. The online documentation states that the error code of 7 beeps is a system board failure. I looked online and I'm not able to find a place to purchase a new system board for this system to attempt to troubleshoot it. Is that what these specific beeps mean or are there other beep codes that I need to find? Am I able to purchase a system board for this and if so from where?

Also as it boots up, the HP screen comes up the the display says "Unsupported device detected. System will power down". 

Troubleshooting steps taken thus far:

*Unplugged everything from the motherboard except 1 stick of RAM, CPU, fans. Even swapped RAM sticks in both slots.

*Unplugged the power, held button for 20 seconds

*Reseated everything on the motherboard

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9477 9474 883 2560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beep codes on boot

Considering there are not too many devices connected to the motherboard, an unsupported device might be a hardware item has failed to the point the system cannot identify it or the CPU was replaced with an unsupported one.  Have you tried getting into the BIOS to see what this unsupported item might be?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation