cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vilmarie
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Biome-1 test failed

HP Pavillion a6707c Windows Vista.  The computer freezes and is running slow.  At startup I ran the diagnotic tools and the BIOME-1 failed.  What does this mean?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,897 16,698
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Biome-1 test failed

Hi,

The error code would indicate that one of your memory modules is faulting - to identify which one, remove one of the modules and then re-run the test - if it still fails, replace the module you removed, take out the other one and test again.

If the test passes when you remove the first module, I would still replace it, remove the other module and test again just to make sure it fails.

The procedure to add and remove the memory modules can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph03886

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation