cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
9305 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios, enabled to see the menu: Secure Boot Configuration

Pavillon H8-1124
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to enabled the Legacy support and disabled the secure Boot.

For that I need, in the bios, to go: Security > Secure Boot Configuration.

My bios version is : v7.16

I would like to install a new graphic card: Geforce GT 730.

I can see on the submenu of Security, System Security but I don't see "Secure Boot Configuration".

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
9305 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No idea ?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @9305,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the BIOS issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are trying to access the Secure Boot Configurations in the BIOS.

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs that were manufactured with Windows 7 or earlier do not have a BIOS version that allows the use of Secure Boot and one will not be made available for these computers.  On systems manufactured with Windows 8 and up, you should be able to find the options in System Configuration.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
9305 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. that not solve my problem 🙂
I need to install a better graphic card. 

Can I install a new motherboard, if yes, what model with work with my desktop ?
my desktop is:

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1124 Desktop PC

Model #:QP802AA

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @9305,

Thank you for the quick reply!

It seems like I was not clear in my response.  In your post, you indicated wanting to disable Secure Boot, and enable Legacy Support, in order to install the Graphics Card.  As I explained in my previous post, you do not have the option for Secure Boot, because your desktop came with Windows 7 installed.  Only systems with Windows 8 and up installed, should come with BIOS options for Secure Boot.  With that being said, you should be able to install a new Graphics Card without trying to change options in the BIOS.  Installing a new Motherboard is not necessary.  As long as the Graphics Card is an PCI Express x16 Graphics Card, you should be able to install it.  

Here are the Product Specifications for the GeForce GT 730:

Bus Support: PCI Express 2.0

Minimum Recommended System Power: 300 W

Here are the Product Specifications for the HP Pavilion HPE h8-1124 Desktop:

Expansion Slots: One PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0)

Power Supply: 300 W

Based on the information above, you should be able to install the Graphics Card without issue.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation