cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kapdemelo Student
Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after BIOS changes. Reseting BIOS doesnt work.

hp pavilion p6-2011es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With a new graphic card, i tried to enable something like legacy mode, or so. I ended up disabling a feature in the BIOS, something like "pci-e x16 secure slot" , in the security layout.

After saving and rebooting, i cant get any response on my monitor, while everything else seems to be okay. I supose i **bleep**ed up the pci slot somehow, and i cant get it back reseting the BIOS.With the extra problem that this pc has not an integrated graphyc card, so im totally blind here. Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 483 925
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after BIOS changes. Reseting BIOS doesnt work.

Greetings @kapdemelo,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums,

I see you are not getting any display after changing the settings in BIOS. I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried to enter BIOS again by tapping F10 or ESC on startup?

Recommend you to turn the computer OFF and disconnect the power cord and any other cables connected.

Open the casing/access door. 

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. 

Connect power cord alone, press the power button.

After couple seconds, turn the computer OFF.

Disconnect the power cord. 

Install the CMOS battery back.

Connect all the cables and turn the computer On.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation