cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Skyline08 Top Student
Top Student
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen on boot up with error

HP ENVY 700-230EA Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i was creating paritions on a USB and lost power to my system during this. When i turned the desktop back up and attempted to allow it to normally boot to Windows 10 it came to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner and does nothing.

When i attempt to boot my other OS system that i was partitioning on my usb it comes up with an error: (Wrriten exactly as shown on screen):

Intel UNDI, PXE-2. 1 (build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: 

US5,307,459,  US5,434,872,  US5, 732, 094,  US6,570,884,  US6,115,776 and US6,327,625

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.52 (11/28/12)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

-

Now i tried another option which was to go into boot options and attempt to boot from the windows boot i had but that is no longer there. I cant seem to boot from the recovery point on the hard drive either so im stumped for options and i really need this  up and working to continue my training im doing.

To further add when i brought the computer from PC WORLD they never supplied a recovery disk with the system so they have kinda screwed me over big time.

Any help would be grately appreciated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,488 20,104 1,681 2,753
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen on boot up with error

@Skyline08,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand the computer isn't booting into the operating system after it shut down during a power cut while you had been creating a partition and here's what you need to do:

Since the issue occurred after the partition was interrupted, it's possible the windows OS may have been corrupted, I would recommend using the Recovery Media that you might have created after your computer was purchased (as HP doesn't provide one physically along with the computer) if you haven't created one, please click here to know - "how to order one online".

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation