cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anne24
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen with windows resume loader text. Screen has frozen

Compaq Pressario CQ5307UK
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Black screen with windows resume loader text. Screen has frozen.  PC will not respond to keyboard or mouse. I have unplugged several times. I get the odd Compaq screen come up but for a split second. Please help.  Do I need a BITLocker code?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen with windows resume loader text. Screen has frozen

@Anne24

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and understand that you have a Compaq Presario CQ5307UK Desktop PC and it does not work. I read that there's a black screen with windows resume loader text. I'd like to help you with this case. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to isolate and fix the issue:

Press and hold the power button to power off the PC.

Disconnect all cables (including power cables) from the PC.

Press and hold the PC power button for 15 seconds and then release it.

Reconnect all cables and power cable.

Power on the PC.

Please check if the PC powers on and boots into Windows. If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics on the PC: http://hp.care/2gGf4Ro

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation