cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tylermont1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screened monitors unresponsive

Pavilion 500-054
This morning when I turned my computer on the desktop was running and I could hear the fans running, but my screen wasn't showing anything. I turned it off did a quick dust and it worked. I just got home and the same thing happened, but this time I did a full dust clean and it did not work. I've tried using different monitors that I know work and it doesn't work. The ports show no damage and I've also reset the cmos any it hasn't seemed to work. Currently I can still boot it up and see that the monitors turn on and then go to power saving mode (new cords didn't fix it either) my mouse doesn't light up on the bottom.
If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Tylermont1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any help?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 923
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Tylermont1,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I understand that you are not getting any display on any monitors but are able to hear the computer boot. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

You have mentioned that you have checked the power saving settings, may I know how were you able to check the power saving settings with any display?

Was there any BIOS update installed before this issue started?

Have you tried using both VGA and DVI ports to check if you are able to get any display?

Recommend you to try rolling back the BIOS while holding down Win + B during startup. (If possible, please use a USB keyboard connected to the rear of the computer) 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in rolling back the BIOS.

If the issue persists, you might need to replace the graphics card on the computer. 

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Starts but Monitor Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tylermont1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a port where I can install a graphics card on my computer? I read around that says this computer has a built in graphics card that is in the motherboard. The key combination to reset BIOS did not work. I use two monitors when I play and I've switched them around seeing if they would work. It says no signal from computer on my monitor. I've also tried a third newer monitor.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15871 15862 1047 1709
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tylermont1

Thank you for posting back.

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2bUSwL2

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation