Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 19 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Stormed the other day, power flickered, and computer screen turned off and made a loud noise. I unplugged the computer and waited over night. When I plugged it back in and turned it on the screen did not respond but the fan and light on the power button work. What Is going on?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
It is an HP 19-2113w
HP Recommended

Hi! @RSgamer1990, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you power on your PC you just see a black screen on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Are you able boot into BIOS, do see any image on the screen?

Please try the steps recommended below.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My computer is an HP 19-2113w all in one desktop not a laptop. And there is nothing on the screen at all when powered up.
HP Recommended

@RSgamer1990, It was a quick response from you. I was very much waiting for your reply.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you are using an all-in-one PC.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset." Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:
Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.
With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.
Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.
If the computer starts, you are done.
If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, continue the troubleshooting.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot computer does not start.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.