cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Beatlebug13
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Bluetooth Drivers Not Showing up after Download from HP website

HP Recommended
HP 20-e014 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had to do a complete clean install of Windows 10 Home on my computer and my Bluetooth driver disappeared off the devices list. I went to HP support and downloaded all the drivers that go to my computer, exact model etc., including the Realtek Bluetooth driver. It installed without problems or errors but when I rebooted my computer it still wouldn't show up even when I view all hidden devices in device manager. I've spoken to a Microsoft Tech about this and they said to go to the site the drivers originated from and look for support there. I've heard rumors of Windows 10 Home removing availability to have bluetooth. Is this the case and what do I do to get bluetooth back?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Fix windows 10 Bluetooth adapter not showing in device manager, There is no Bluetooth icon in my device manager in windows 10 solved, my Bluetooth windows 10...
Beatlebug13
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did as the video indicated but I still couldn't find any bluetooth adapters/drivers to do a legacy driver install. I did find through network drivers a microsoft bluetooth driver. I installed it but it said there was an error and couldn't run...I tried everything from updating the driver to googling the error code to no avail. I did find something interesting though. while on the microsoft website I found that bluetooth drivers from them are only available to people who know how to run C++. This is regarding windows 10 only. I could have my bluetooth drivers back if I downgraded to Windows 8.1 but that requires me buying a product key from them seeing as this computer originally came with Windows 10. Or if I paid $100 for Windows 10 Premium. Basically its a bust. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation