Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 750-427C with built in Bluetooth running Windows 10 that I acquired a few months ago from Costco.  I have a UE  Boom Bluetooth speaker.  The problem is that about 30% of the time when I try to listen to audio, E.G. Itunes, VLC player, newsclips etc there is no sound even though the Boom is listed as paired & connected. However, usually after 5-10 minutes, the sound suddenly starts. When I check system hardware the Boom always plays the test sound. Just now I started a CBS News clip; silence for 10 min, then it suddenly started.. My last PC was also an Envy, a 700-147C  & it had the same problem (with the same speaker) but I figured the PC's Bluetooth was defective so I used wired speakers. Now I have it with the new PC too.   I don't want to go back to wired speakers. It's set to automatically disconnect after 5 min of non use. However, that's no guarentee that it will restart immediately.  it didn't for me recently.  LIke I said it usually works but when it doesn't it's a royal pain. What could be going on here?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @snoopcat1 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I'd like to help 🙂

I see that you are trying to use the Bluetooth speaker with your Envy 750Desktop and is encountering issues. Did you get a CD / Software along with the device? If you did you may need to install the device driver software on your notebook for the smooth functioning of your device.

Also please try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2fYIQ6u

I also found a Windows forum link discussing the same issue. You might find it useful. Check it out here: http://hp.care/2f1nDHb

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi Dvortex:
I did not get a CD or any Sfware with the unit. The manufacturer, Logitec says that software is not needed for the product, that it just connects although there is a driver that can be updated.  I have been pulling my hair out over this. I'm beginning to think it might be a compatibility issue between the BT version of the Boom which is BT3 & the PC which is 4.1. I've been comparing specs between the 2 devices (PC & Boom) hoping to find a clue. I did check your link but did not find anything like my particular issue. Thanks for that. I contacted Logitec with the problem & I'll see what they say. As soon as I get some kind of resolution or info I'll get back. As a last resort, if it is the PC I can always put a BT dongle or board in the unit. But i hate to have to go that route. It's a new PC & should have the latest & greatest. I should be back soon.
Thanks for the assistance

HP Recommended

Hello, @snoopcat1

Thanks for the update & appreciate your efforts 🙂

I would also recommend you to run the Windows update. Once the Windows is updated, restart your PC, and go to http://hp.care/2o3XRVq and download and update the Bluetooth driver.

Restart the PC once done and then reconnect the Bluetooth audio device and check again.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I just bought a 2nd BT speaker to rule out the speaker as the culprit. Initially, the new one didn't work either so I went to "Hardware/Audio Devices" & did not see a default device. I did some more pairing attempts & "right clicked" somewhere & got the message "Restart to finish pairing." After the restart, Audio Devices listed the new speaker & it worked fine. Both elated & curious I now tried to pair the Boom the same way & got the same "restart to finish pairing" message. After restart the Boom also appeared in Audio devices with the name UE Boom. For the record, the Boom was never listed under its' own name as a device, I had always selected "Realtek High Definition Audio' as the default. "UE Boom" did not appear. I figured that's the way it is supposed to be. It seems that I never properly paired  it even though it was listed as paired & connected. It might have been performing with limited functionality.  I never saw that "restart to finish pairing" message before."

HP Recommended

Hello, @snoopcat1

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.