Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Boot fail bios checksum error after update the bios

oh men, im so nervious, i "update" the bios of my Compaq SR5027CL with this http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-66758-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

i download and executed that update and the program tells me that the bios was updated sucefully and prompt me to restart, so i clic ok to restart but now dont boot men, not show the compaq logo, no nada, only shows a black screen with the next messages:

AWARD BIOS 2000

BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR .....

TRIYING TO BOOT FROM FLOPPY A .....

TRIYING TO BOOT FROM IDE CDROM ....

BOOT DISK ERROR BLA BLA BLA AND THEN BEEPS A SOUND AND AGAIN SHOWS

TRIYING TO BOOT FROM FLOPPY A....

what a i can do???, please help me

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,068 41,321 4,510 11,806
Message 2 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

The error message "BIOS Checksum Error" means that the update loaded corrupt files. Did you not  clear the CMOS before updating your BIOS? That can easily cause the problem facing you. You are still in luck. 

*** This is from the online HP info for your PC model***

If a 251 or CMOS Checksum error occurs after installing the BIOS update, perform the following steps:
  1. Restart the PC and enter the BIOS screen by pressing the F1 or F10 key at the first screen.
  2. Press the F5 key to load the default BIOS configuration.
  3. Select YES by using the arrow keys, and then press Enter .
  4. Press the F10 key to save the settings and exit.
  5. Select YES by using the arrow keys, and then press Enter .
When the BIOS update is complete, the new BIOS revision number is updated on the Main BIOS screen.

If this does not work there are more detailed insteps that I can give you to follow to make you a BIOS update geek.:). Let us know how this first step goes.

Regards,
Eric
Message Edited by erico on 01-14-2009 02:48 AM

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

MMMM but i dont see any option to press F, F2 or F10, only shows me a black screen with

Copyright 2000 Award Bios

Bios ROM Checksum error

:(, i thin i kill the MOBO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Louis,

Ok. Take a read of this Hp webpage on the subject. What you are going to have to do is repeatedly press F10 or F! as your PC starts up. Please keep us advised  on your progress.

Regards,

Eric

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
2,173 2,100 101 368
Message 5 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi louis79,

This HP support document should help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01368145

One other thing to try, removing the CMOS battery for 30minutes should reset the BIOS back to it's default settings. If the CMOS isn't too fected this should work since the CMOS is what controls your BIOS. Removing the battery will drain the power to the CMOS allowing it to "forget" it's current settings and return to defalut. The document linked to above also has a link in it for steps on replacing the CMOS battery to help with this.

If this doesn't work, you may need to send the PC in for service.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Removing the battery and clearing the CMO are indeed the next steps. Be aware that near the CMOS battery you will find either a small button(usually green in color) or three pins with a jumper that is on two of the three pins.The image in the link shows generically what you are looking for. Sometimes there are letters that state "CMOS Clear" and sometimes not. 

Unplug the power cord and open the case. First carefully remove the CMOS battery. Place the jumper on the middle pin and the pin that was previously not covered. Leave it this way for 10 seconds or more. Place the jumper back to its original position and reinstall the battery. Power up your PC and at that time start tapping the F10 key. If your can now get into the BIOS --> load default settings and set the time and date as well.

Regards,

Eric   

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi friends, thanks to all for help me, unfortunately im still able to fix that :(, i try removing the battery and clear the cmos but nothing happens, i attach an image of my monitor, so you can see that do not show any option like F1 or F10 or F2, only that information are displayed when i turn on the computer

the motherboard is a Asus M2N68-LA but on the asus site dont exist that model, i think is a special model for compaq computers, i think that the only way to fix that is to use the Afudos BIOS update tool, to flash the bios again but this time with the default bios rom form compaq :s, anyone have the default bios .rom file for the Compaq SR5027CL????????.

why compaq put that bios update if will crash your computer????? 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 8 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Louis,

I see that the options for F1/ F10 and F5 are not shown. I do recommend that you try the AFUDos BIOS floppy another time. I researchedthe specs on your motherboard and you are correct. The BIOS for the M2N68 series motherboards on ASUS' sitewill not help as they have a different chipset, The ASUS motherboards use the Nvidia 630a chipset instead of the Nvidia 430 chipset on the motherboard that Hp used for your motherboard.

Here is a link to the solution to the same problem on the motherboard that you have. I have downloaded HP's SoftPaq Download manager to see if I can locate the SoftPaq that you need with the original 513.bin BIOS file. I will let you know how it goes. If I am successful I will explain how I got the file so you can do the same. You will need WinRAR to extract the BIOS file once we find the sucker. The 514.bin BIOS file is the one that caused your problem. You will also need Awdflash.exe ver 8.59E. The link to that is located in the forumthat I hyperlinked to above.

Update:

I found the proper SoftPaq file in the HP website. You  will need to precisely follow the instructions given in the first hyperlink above. It can be done!

Regards,

Eric

Message Edited by erico on 01-14-2009 02:12 PM
Message Edited by erico on 01-14-2009 02:23 PM
Message Edited by erico on 01-14-2009 02:32 PM

I am not an HP Employee.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi guys, i try the erico's solution but donts work for me, the awdflash shows me the next message:

note: i had to rename the original name of the rom file fron 513.rom to only rom, that because i cant use the dot characters and numbers at the keyboard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

wait!!!! at least, erico thanks a lot, i finally can make my computer running!!

just extract the file Ivy5.14 from this download http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-66758-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

and use the awdflash.exe provide here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1074897

then i make a bootable floppy disk in windows xp and copy to the disk those files, boot with the floppy, write awdflash to enter to the awdflash program and put the name of the rom file, biosrom on my case and whola!, everything comes to the normally 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation