cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EddieG1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Boot lock up

HP Recommended
Example: Mini Desk 300-250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

M unit is a mini desk top HP Pavilion model 300-250 with  i5 processor. When i boot, the screen stucks at the HP logo on blue circle. When I make a diagnostic, I power it on while pressing f10, what appaears on the screen is the description of the processor, and instruction to press esc to start up menu. When i press esc  nothing happens on the screen.

Is the bios no longer detected or there is a further problem on the motherboard.  Previously the power was intrerupted during shut down. If the problem is the power , why can i still detect the processor?

Can this unit still be revived, it is fairly new, less than one year.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,730 6,714 634 1,514
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Eddie

Contact HP Support if you are in warranty. 320-250 is not a specific product.

Any power interruption will probably damage the power supply, installed components, or the motherboard.

Being stuck at the HP Logo means the PC is unable to POST.

Grzy

0 Kudos
EddieG1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Being stuck at the HP Logo means the PC is unable to POST-

is this repairable or reversible?

Unit ID as follows:

Model No.: 300-250

Product no.: 826501-001

Serial No.: [Personal Information Removed]

HP Pavilion Mini Desktop

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,730 6,714 634 1,514
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  Eddie

Any device can be fixed.

Your PC is, well, very small.

I have no idea what the inside of this unit looks like. All components could be soldered on the motherboard.

I build and repair Desktop PC's.

I really think you need to contact HP on this one.

Grzy

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation