cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FJZ2000
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Broken wifi switch

HP Recommended
Paliviondv6
Microsoft Windows Vista

So at the moment im still using my old pavilion dv6 but the wifi switch recently died. I tried using wireless assitand but then i cant press activate. The switch isnt working because of the sumitomo-c cable that broke. And bacause its an old pc my dad forgot the adminitrator pasword so i cant run anything as an administator. Pls help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FJZ2000

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion DV6 laptop and the wifi button on it broke because of the Sumitomo-c cable that broke. You're unable to turn on the wireless from Windows. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Are you referring to an internal cable that connects the wireless button to the internal wireless card on inside your laptop?

I did some research and found the maintenance and service guide for HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC series. I found the cable kit for this laptop (refer to page# 30). But the cable you mentioned is not present.

Upon further investigation, I came across page# 63 which talks about the wireless card antennas. Not sure if you're referring to these.

Incase you're referring to the keyboard's internal cable that controls all keys/buttons on the keyboard then here it is at page# 67. It shows the keyboard cable being disconnected from the laptop internally.

Do let me know which cable you're referring to. Because Sumitomo is the manufacturer for such cables. Another option is for you to reachout to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your laptop. 

Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation