Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Callity Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Buzzing noise

pavilion 500-319na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

For the past few days now when I plug in headphones (in front AND back ports) I can hear a buzzing noise in the background. I can still hear the audio, just about 40-50% of what I hear is buzzing. (my headphones are fine, dont worry about them.) (3.5mm jack, in case anyone needed that)

My specs:

• Intel I5 3.2GHz
  • asus geforce gtxm 750 ti OC
  • memphis-s motherboard
  • 230V psu

Ive already tried:

• updating drivers
  • moving cable away from other cables

I honestly dont know what it is.

Also, it gets worse when I go on a game. 

ALSO, for some reason, my friends on skype can hear it as well.

I really need help with this. Thanks for any replys.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Buzzing noise

Hi there @Callity,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are getting a buzzing noise when you are playing audio or communicating to someone on Skype. I am happy to assist.

Since it is also happening when you are using Skype to communicate, the functionality of the microphone is also being affected, by whatever the root cause is. Give this a try: HP PCs - Resolving microphone problems (Windows 10, 8)

Another thing you can try if the previous does not help, is go into Device Manager, 

RIGHT click on the entry for the IDT and then click "Uninstall". But do not check the box to uninstall the drivers.

Then restart the PC. When Windows starts again, it will detect the sound device and reinstall it in Device Manager and may put it on a different shared IRQ. This is assuming that the Audio noise being added to the sound device is coming from interference from another device. 

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation