cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
KINGDINGDONG Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

COMPAQ 100B RAM UPGRADE- 8GB MAX; 2 X 4GB STICKS OR 1 X 8GB STICK?

HP COMPAQ 100B SMALL FORM FACT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

THE MANUAL SAYS THAT THE MAX SUPPORTED MEMORY IS 8GB... BUT IT DOESN'T SAY IF IT'S 4GB PER SLOT (2 SLOTS) OR IF I CAN PUT I 8GB STICK IN 1 SLOT. I'D PREFER 1 8GB STICK IF IT WILL WORK. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5099623

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
KINGDINGDONG Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I FOUND IT IN THE MANUAL...

"The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with up to 4 GB
industry standard DIMMs.
These memory sockets are populated with at least one preinstalled DIMM.
You can populate the system board with up to either 4 GB per DIMM, for a total of 8GB maximum memory"
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,394 1,344 114 377
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's best to run 2 x 4G sticks anyway. It's dual-channel memory and performs best when using matched pairs of RAM. You can buy memory 'kits' that come with factory matched pairs of memory. :generic:

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation