Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPE-170t (BN496AV#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need specs (serial/order numbers)  for the CPU Cooler and the Case Fan in my HP Pavilion Elite HPE-170t (BN496AV#ABA) to replace them.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Anja2, welcome to the forum.

You should be able to find the information that you need on HP Partsurfer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had been to that suggested site however have not looked up/found the serial numbers on the CPU cooler and case fan. Which would probably be the quickest way. So not sure if they still have those old models...

I was also wondering if I can upgrade to a newer compatible CPU cooler as I was thinking it would be best to upgrade/replace both the CPU heatsink plus fan anyways. I had taken off the fan before but am not sure how easy it'll be to replace both fan & heatsink. Any recommendations?

My motherboard is the HP: Iona-GL8E

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Anja2.

If HP doesn't have the components that you need, you can check ebay and other such sites.  Most members have good luck this way.

Your best option for finding a compatible CPU cooler is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help.  They will be able to make certain the one you choose will work properly.

HP Recommended

After doing some more research and realizing that replacing a heatsink actually involves more than just plug & play but rather involves cleaning of delicate parts and thermal paste application, I am thinking to rather leave that part up to a professional before I mess up my motherboard never having done this.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Anja2.

Upgrading the processor is, as you stated, quite technical.  If you are not comfortable with doing it you are better off to hire it done.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.