cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
buzbo Tutor
Tutor
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CPU upgrade

I have a HP Pavillion with a Trigem Imperial GL VE 20021218 motherboard that  has a Celeron SL77S CPU installed from the factory. The specifications of this motherboard says it supports a front side bus of 400MHz. The Celeron SL77S's basic specs are: 2.7GHz/128KB L2 cache/400MHz front side bus. HP says the motherboard will support a Pentium 4 CPU but does not give a model number, type, or any such information. I can find plenty of P-4's with 2.4 GHz/512KB/533MHz dirt cheap, but the P-4's with 400MHz FSB are way up there. My question is this: Does this MOBO support 400/533MHz FSB chips, or just 400? All help is appreciated.

Les

PS. I just like reviving old boat anchors!  Ask about my Packard Bell.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,878 4,482 314 1,463
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CPU upgrade

buzbo wrote:I have a HP Pavillion with a Trigem Imperial GL VE 20021218 motherboard that  has a Celeron SL77S CPU installed from the factory. The specifications of this motherboard says it supports a front side bus of 400MHz. The Celeron SL77S's basic specs are: 2.7GHz/128KB L2 cache/400MHz front side bus. HP says the motherboard will support a Pentium 4 CPU but does not give a model number, type, or any such information. I can find plenty of P-4's with 2.4 GHz/512KB/533MHz dirt cheap, but the P-4's with 400MHz FSB are way up there. My question is this: Does this MOBO support 400/533MHz FSB chips, or just 400? All help is appreciated. Les PS. I just like reviving old boat anchors!  Ask about my Packard Bell.

Hello buzbo, Here  is the link for the specifications for your system motherboard.

It shows the processor support for this motherboard is:

Processor Family:     P4 and Celeron (Willamette, Northwood)

Maximum approved processor:    2.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation