cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I add another GPU ?

HP Recommended

I  currently have a windows 8 HP Envy H8-1445, And i was wondering if i can remove the normal GPU that it has and replace it for like a (asus gtx graphics card possibly the 750.) Would like to know if i can do this before i proceed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
85,668 85,555 10,866 23,273
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows specs of your machine:

HP ENVY h8-1445 Desktop PC

and the following link shows specs of the GTX 750 card:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750/specifications

I can't see any problem with that but you won't gain much.

Regards.

Note: swap out, not add

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the 750 ti would be a massive gain from a 7450 allowing you to play most games on high settings at 1080p, also they are low power and will work with a lot of stock hp psus - the psu in your system is 450watts which is fine but personally i'd want to replace it with an 80+bronze certified one for more reliability. Another problem is that if you have a uefi bios, hp may lock some of the settings needed for you to tweak to get it to work, so get a card with a dual bios. msi do a 750ti with a dual bios, (one uefi compliant) i believe. this one if in usa http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127783&cm_re=750ti_msi_gaming-_-14-127-783-...

..However i have seen so many people with trouble installing gfx cards in hp machines which should work fine but for some reason do not possibly because of some restrictions imposed by hp themselves. - so be prepared for the possibility of a motherboard replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
28,006 27,540 1,810 5,045
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure to install the posted BIOS update for your PC.  This BIOS update should allow the NVIDIA GTX 7xx cards to work within the limitations of your power supply.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation