cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I get a PCI LAN card for prodesk HP pc? because I cannot get for the PCI not suitable for the on

HP Recommended
Prodesk PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Can I get a PCI LAN card for prodesk HP pc? because I cannot get for the PCI not suitable for the on

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,309 10,305 968 2,834
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is difficult to understand the question, but most of the ProDesk models already contain a LAN card built-into the motherboard.  If that is not working properly, it could be a software or a hardware problem.

Please provide more detail in the need for this question and provide a model number for more detailed information.  There are many ProDesk model variations.

Also, the newer models have PCI-E x1 slots for the expansion cards.  These are unlike older PCI expansion cards, which require the older ( much longer) PCI slots.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I mean is that the on board network cark was bad due to lightning surge and I have D-link PCi 5320 with me but the PCI slot is not the size of  the one on the board. So i wan to know the particular one i can get to fix this issue. the prodesk model number is 1pc-F046-SF

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,309 10,305 968 2,834
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since that model is a Business type machine, the models can vary from one to the other somewhat because of the multiple choices available for that model.  The typical model is similar to this

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-prodesk-600-g1-core-i5-4570-3-2-ghz-monitor-none-series/specs/

The motherboard is probably a fair repesentation of most of that model series and lists "3 (total) / 3 (free) x PCIe x1" for an addon LAN card.  So some cards that fit the PCIe x1 slot, since there is no PCI slot.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation