Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
65 2 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I replace my 685.5 GB Hard drive with a 12 GB one?

Pavilion p6610f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Seagate Hard drive with 685.5 GB  AND Processor   4GB Memory  Computer Version 8,862.3.0 (6/29/2011)  I have Windows 7 Home Service Pack 1  

I don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Windows.  I like Windows 7 just fine and don't need the headache of learning a new OS even if it didn't have all the glitches that I have been reading about.

I was thinking about applying for a work from home job and the computer requirements say that I need a computer with 12 GB Hard Drive.  

Can I replace my current hard drive with a 12 GB one, assuming that I could find one?     Is my computer too small?

Too old?

Also, I have a 12 GB HP Recovery Drive (D) with only 1GB Free.  Is there any way to delete most of the info on the recovery drive (leaving  only the most recent information,) to free up more space?

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8566 18418
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>>  Can I replace my 685.5 GB Hard drive with a 12 GB one?

Hi,

What you are planing to do with only 12GB ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
65 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BANHEIN:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT OR WHY THE PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER WANTS THE PERSON WHO WILL BE WORKING FROM HOME AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP FOR THEM TO HAVE A COMPUTER WITH 12GB HARD DRIVE, 4GB MEMORY, AND SEVERAL OTHER PREREQUISITES OF WHICH MY COMPUTER ALREADY QUALIFIES.  FINDING OUT WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO GET A COMPUTER WITH A 12GB HARD DRIVE WILL PROBABLY BE THE MAJOR FACTOR AS TO WHETHER I EVEN CONTINUE WITH THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THIS JOB.

I WAS JUST HOPING THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER COMPUTER.  I WOULD WANT A DESKTOP, BUT I DON'T WANT THE WINDOWS 10 AND ABOVE THAT SEEM TO BE MANDATORY WITH NEW COMPUTERS.

THIS COMPUTER IS LIKE AN OLD FRIEND AND I REALLY LOVE HER.  SHE HAS SERVED ME WELL AND IS STILL GOING STRONG WITH LOTS OF HARD DRIVE AND MEMORY SPACE LEFT.

I HAVE REPLACED MY HARD DRIVE TWICE, HOWEVER, BUT IT WAS RELATIVELY SIMPLE AND ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HOW LARGE A HARD DRIVE THAT SHE CAN HANDLE, I JUST THOUGHT IT COULD NOT HURT TO ASK THE EXPERTS BEFORE I WASTE A LOT OF TIME RESEARCHING IT.   I KNOW SOME THINGS, BUT THEN AGAIN, THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I REALIZE THAT I DON'T KNOW.

THANK YOU, IN ADVANCE, FOR ANY ADVICE YOU MAY GIVE ON THIS MATTER.

TAYLOR

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation