Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-319na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion 500-319na and I would like to know if I can upgrade MSI NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2GB 1020 Mhz Dvi-D/HDMI Pci-E Graphics Card into it, I know it requires more wattage the what I have and I'm stuck there, as I seen in loads of forums saying that the graphics card itself was competible with the Motherboard but not with the PSU, so could you recommend a PSU that fits in the case and goes well/is competible with the PSU for this model? I'm really stuck, my parents bought this computer for me on Christmas for £700 which it wasn't worth and I'd like to change it into a beast for £120. I'm thinking in putting Silence 500W ATX PC Power Supply PSU With 12CM Silent Fan and SATA/24PIN/4PIN/Molex but I don't know if it fits, I'm really new at this and I will be getting help from my father (which is not very good at techonoly specs but he is good with electricity and knows how to put things and has common sense).

So could someone please help, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

According to the SUPPORT PAGE, that model has an external power supply.  Lets start there,  is that true?  If yes, then it will be more trouble.  Finding good manuals is difficult, have you looked inside the case to see if a standard power supply can be installed?  Some of these desktops can accomidate an internal power supply.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.