Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ABowman Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade my Pavilion 500 to Windows 10

Pavilion 500 Series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am considering upgrading my HP Pavilion to Windows 10.  I consulted HP's Web site and was advised that "HP has tested your PC model and has determined that it can be upgraded to Windows 10, but there is information to review before moving forward."

In the Section "Potential Feature Limitions/Intel precessors and Windows 7/8 32-bit I found this statement:

"Computers configured with Intel Broadwell (Intel Core i3-5xxx, Core i5-5xxx, Core i7-5xxx; Pentium 38xx, Celeron 37xx/32xx) or Haswell (Intel Core i3-4xxx, i5-4xxx, i7-4xxx; Pentium 35xx, Celeron 29xx) processors and 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1 are not capable of upgrading to Windows 10 using the Windows Upgrade tool."

My Pavilion runs an i3-4130 CPU and the 64-bit version of Wondows 7 Home Premium.

In one place I am told I can upgrade to Windows 10.  The other place seems to suggest that I can't.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103331 93883 14423 22170
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The way I interpret the cautionary statement you posted is that only applies if you are running a 32 bit operating system on your PC, which you are not.

It also says those PC's with those criteria can't use the W10 upgrade tool.

I would imagine then folks in that circumstance could use the W10 media creation tool for 32 bit, by making the 32 bit DVD, and running the upgrade from the DVD on the windows desktop.

I don't see any restrictions against doing that on the microsoft website below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

0 Kudos
ABowman Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103331 93883 14423 22170
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation