cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jayman4him
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can no longer log into my machine

HP Recommended
45T49AV#APA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer has quite working, the best I can get is pressing F11 when starting up, but just get the system screen - no mouse, no tab, nothing to navigate.    I know it is an old machine, but who can afford a new one ?

Is there a good HP phone number anymore?   Some have suggested I need to install afresh copy of OS - Windows 7 Pro - but when did an OS go stale ? 

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

> My computer has quite working,

What are the symptoms?

When it is turned off, does pressing the ON/OFF button not work?

If it does start-up, what "action" is associated with that 'F11' key-press?

Is there an option to press a different key to "run HP Diagnostics" (or wording like that) ?

If you press that key, run the HP Diagnostics, to see if your disk-drive has failed, or if it is in "imminent failure" status.

> I know it is an old machine, but who can afford a new one ?

Access: www.bestbuy.com    and search for "refurbished desktop computer".

You'll find "decent" computers running Windows 10, for under $200 US.

> Is there a good HP phone number anymore?  

As opposed to a bad one? :Wink:

> Some have suggested I need to install a fresh copy of OS - Windows 7 Pro - but when did an OS go stale ? 

The files that make-up a "bootable" installation of Windows 7 can, and do, get corrupted.

By a "fresh" copy, they are saying that you should delete everything on 'C:', and start afresh to install Windows.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation