Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MJ1941 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not follow the suggested solution....

HP Support

Getting the same message ..."remove HP Support Assistant" then go on line and download replacement.  Problem is, I do not have "HP Support Assistant" as an option.  I have HP solution Center 13.0, or HP Support Information, or HP Support Solutions.  I fear that I will remove the wrong program and then get on line, and not know what new product I should download and install.  Please be more specific as to the product to remove (one of the three I have) and what I should look for online.  Many Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74082 73972 9008 19391
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>> I have HP solution Center 13.0, or HP Support Information, or HP Support Solutions. 

Hi,

Sounds like you are talking about your printer not your computer. HP Support Assisstant or HPSA is a different software. Now, what is the Operating system on yoyr computer now ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
MJ1941 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply......my late response due to extended turkey consumption.  The error message comes up when I click on Outlook, not in connection with any printing, and reappears multiple times in succession.  There is another message that says...."HP Support
Assistant has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. "  The "Solution" message never appears.

I think the problem is caused by my System Mechanic program....I have written to them but have not received a response.  The SM program cleans up problems, checks virus and malware, also gives suggestions for improving the system.  One of the things they do is check for startup programs and suggests turning them off, when not used.  I believed that one of their suggestions had to do with HP Support, and suggesting that I not have it turn on immediately at start-up.  I clicked to have it not start, thinking I could then click the program back on, if I needed it.  I had never had HP Support pop up to assist, so thought it would do no harm.  The problem is NOT with not having it available at start-up, the problem I want to erase is with the pop-up error messages that I am having to repeatedly click on and move off to the side of the screen.

Can you tell me what/which HP program I should remove (maybe all of them??) and then what/which HP program I need to re load to my system.  Many Thanks.   Marilyn

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation