Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kletos Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enter BIOS in Z620 after messing up Secure Boot

I turned on secure boot and the workstation wouldn't boot (made beeping sounds).

Did a clear CMOS and Windows booted normally, however I don't seem to be able to see the HP splash screen anymore, just a POST screen and hitting ESC / F10 doesn't seem to do the trick. It just boots all the way into Windows.

Help! Please...

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
kletos Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow up: I've also used the BIOS utilities to try tweak the settings to no avail...

0 Kudos
chrisa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Z220. No previous issues but there is no splash screen and pressing ESC or F10 does not work at the POST prompt.

Using HP performance advisor, I can increase the POST delay but it will not allow me to change the Intel VT settings.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
235 13 28
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may want to try the followings:

1. Remove power cord> remove CMOS battery > Wait for 30 seconds.

2. Upgrade the BIOS to v3.05 and test it again.

If you can go into F10 Setup, please set the factory settings and try it again. But it looks like you cannot go in. Hope you can go into F10 Setup after removing CMOS battery.

0 Kudos
chrisa Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I've tried this. It does cause booting to stop and display the 'clock has lost its time and settings' message. It says "Press ESC for startup menu". However, pressing esc or f10 on a usb keyboard and a PS2 keyboard has no effect.

Thus I still cannot enter the BIOS/UEFI settings!

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
235 13 28
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clearing CMOS will lose the time. If USB keyboard is connected to USB 3 port, you need to attach it to USB 2.0 port. However you are still seeing the problem even with PS2 kbd. So this is not the USB 3 issue.  If your keyboard is working fine, I think you have to repalce the system board. Plese call HP Support to replace it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation