06-07-2016 01:32 PM
My sound isn’t working in Windows 10. No audio at all from YouTube videos, music/media players, Windows system sounds, etc.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-07-2016 01:33 PM - edited 04-17-2017 09:51 AM
Have you tried a few different devices (headphones/speakers)? There could be a hardware issue with one of those devices. Also, keep in mind that most desktops don’t have built-in speakers, so you do need to have a device plugged in to hear anything.
If you’ve already tried a couple different pairs of headphones and speakers, the first troubleshooting step I would recommend is the easiest: restart your computer. Sometimes a single application can take control of your sound device and not let any other apps use it, but you can release that control by restarting.
Here are a few other steps you can try:
- Run the audio troubleshooting tool in Windows
- Make sure your device is connected to the correct port on the computer, and if you’re using powered speakers make sure they’re plugged into a working outlet
- Set the default sound device to make sure your computer is sending audio output to the correct device
- If your computer came with Windows 10 installed, you can restore the original sound driver in HP Recovery Manager, or update the driver through Device Manager
- If you upgraded your computer to Windows 10, you can update the sound driver in Device Manager
These solutions and more are explained in detail in this troubleshooter: Troubleshooting No Sound from the Computer
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
04-28-2017 01:14 PM
I went to contraol panel/soung and tested the speackers, which it says are RealTek and the test worked. The speakers are actually an inexpensive set from LogiTech. I then went to email and I got the "ding" when hard deleting a message for the first two. Then it quit. I then tried listening to a YouTube video and there was not sound. The desktop, which is brnd new, has DTS Audio Control, but I don't know how it works.
05-19-2017 04:58 AM
I had same problem solve as follows
go to control panel
i9n seaqrch box type trouble shooter
then type troubleshooting
go to hardware and sound
check for drivers-are they uo-to- date? try advanced
if everything ok
restore to previous date
it should work