cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jayefaye
Level 2
23 20 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Can't log on - constant flickering of windows7 screen

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, after the last update.  I have a Touchsmart 610 running windows 7 Pro.  Help.

6 REPLIES 6
Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
F8, Esc, system recovery then system restore. Choose a restore point prior to the date you experienced the issue and this should fix the problem. This worked for me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
devindagalidis
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What if you cant get into the computer to do that mine is flickering on the main windows 7 screen before the computer loads.
Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
1. Unplug your computer
2. Plug it back in
3. Turn your computer, as soon as you turn it back on continuously hit F8 then Esc and so on...
Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
3. Turn your computer on* is what I mean't to type.
Antvan
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
To be clear, hitting F8 will take you to a menu, then hit Esc once you are in that menu.
J3nny
Level 2
10 7 1 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Antvan for your assistance - it didn't fix the problem because F11 gets the 'Windows did not shut down properly' screen.  However on one of the F8 attempts it carried out a lengthy CHKDSK with lots of deleting, recovering orphans and cleaning.  Again, once complete it restarted the PC and the flicker was back. Thanks again - if you think of something else, I would be grateful.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation