Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Craig5996 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can the HP Recovery Manager be downloaded?

HP Envy h8-1419
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to reinstall Windows 10 due to a major Windows file corruption issue. In the process, I lost my HP recovery manager. Can the HP Recovery Manager be restored? I am trying to recover some of the original software applications which were on the desktop.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
99116 13559 20911
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can the HP Recovery Manager be downloaded?

Hi:

Unfortunately, the HP Recovery Manager software cannot be downloaded for your model PC.

In any event, it does not contain the operating system, or any individual programs that came with your PC.

All the recovery manager software does is to provide a method to access the recovery partition to restore the hard drive to its out of the box condition.

If the bundled software is very important to you, you can always purchase as set of recovery disks for your PC and re-upgrade to W8.1 and then to W10.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-ENVY-h8-1400-Desktop-PC-series/5295996/model/5296875/softw...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation