Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PeterJongloed Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot alter UEFI settings

HP ZBook 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I need to alter the virtualisation settings in UEFI but have no acceess to the settings.

BIOS version is  L70 v.1.34 (recommanded HP update) after upgrading from  version v.1.08.

This laptop was upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64 to Win 10 Pro 64

Productnumber D5D93AV

System Information tells me BIOS mode is Legacy.

Access via settings --> updates&Security -->Recovery -->Advanced Startup -->Troubleshoot -->Advanced Options gives me NO UEFI button.

Access via Start --> Power --> restart (with shiftkey enabled) gives me an option menu.

If I select Troubleshoot -->Advanced Options --> there are still NO UEFI button.

Access via F10 BIOS Setup gives me a HP GUI (not an oldschool DOS enviroment as in AWARD BIOS) and:

Question ¨Login as a guest user?  with two buttons YES or NO¨

If I mouseselect NO I get three possibillities to login under my account.

If I do so and give my password I end up in a Main - Security - Advanced HP Computer  Setup menu.

In the Advanced Menu I see the desired checkboxes which are greyed out and not selectable.

In the current configuration I cannot update my Windows 7 virtualized enviroment unde VM ware.

Please help me to get rid of the Legacy mode of the BIOS and get me into the UEFI-settings for running VMware properly.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation