Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 800 Elite SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

iTunes, McAfee, Malwarebutes and HitMan Pro all tell me I am not connected to the internet. I have iunternet access through anything in my bookmarks anjd had no problem going to the HP website from the address bar. It seems that I cannot access the intenet from anything that is in my downloads, such as iTunes and the antimalware programs. I reinstalled Win 7 Pro from a new disk which I purched through Walmart because there were problems with the old disk that I had. I also had this problem before installing the newly purchsed OS disk. 

The Network and Sharing shows that the LAN connection is good, but when I run the troubleshooter it tells me there is a problem it could not resolve.

Would going to C drive, Tools, Che3ck for Errors and attempt automatic fix help the problem?

AQny suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

Questions to understand your issue better :

> Does internet explorer pull up webpages ?

> Are you able to perform Windows Updates ?

> Were you able to activate Windows Online ?

If these are working fine, perform all the Windows Update. Ideally this should take care of the issue.

If it doesnt then uninstall and reinstall those softwares to check if the issue gets resolved.

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I can connect to the internet via IE and Chrome. I did a fresh install on iTunes but the same problem of saying it cannot axxess the iTunes server. Fresh install on Malwarebytes, says I do not have an Internet connection.

So, I went to C:, Tools, check for ans automatically try to correcdt any problems. Did not work. I ran HiyMan Pro and McAfee and no malware found.

Another problem, maybe or not related, when I typed in WWW.hp.com, I did not get an HTTPS cdonnection. Just the "i" with a circle around showing I did not have a secure connection. I have noticed that on my bank, Discover, Chase and my church donation (Offering, as we Baptists call it) page.

As I said, I have that problem frequently on this PC. It is a refurbished unit I purchased at Walmart a year ago February. 

On another note, Walmart has a refurbished HP ENVY 750-116 RF Desktop for $369.99. It looks like a good deal and it has 6 USB 2.0 ports and 4 USB 3.0 Ports. I need these ports due to all the recording interfaces, monitor speakers, and external drives. I have 9 of the perts occuoied at this time. I need a minimum of 4Gig RAM for the instrument interface in order to eliminate what is called Latency. Would this be a wise purchase. I have a number of items that I have bought through them which have given me no problems. If htis would be a wise decision to purchse it, the problems with this unit would be moot.

Thanks for all ya'lls help.  You have been great in helping me with all these problems that have cropped up in the past few days. These problems are why I am looking into another PC. On Social Security, I have to go the least expensive route possible. Thanks again!!!!!

Spoiler
:smileyfrustrated::smileymad:
HP Recommended

Hello

Beacause of all the issues you mentioned I would suggest a reinstall of the OS and wipe out the complete hard drive and start afresh.

Run a recovery by creating your own media using HP Recovery Manager (this can only be done once), however if someone has already tried this before then I suggest you order the media from HP.

This will ensure a clean start and pc will come back to the manufacturer's default.

Follow the link below that will help you create, order & perform HP Recovery.

Hope this help.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended
Could Net Nanny be causing this issue? HowToGeek said it may be the culprit. To uninstall it and see if it fixes the problem then reinstalling would be a real problem for me as it would involve my Net Nanny admin doing a remote session. If you feel this is the problem I can call the NN people.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.